Tuesday, 12 October 2010

The weather

I've already mentioned that the weather is extremely warm here even if the sun isn't shining. The rains are officially over and they don't expect to see any 'proper' rain until the next monsoon. On Monday the weather caught everyone out; it poured all day. It was a bit like Britain being caught out by snow. It threw everyone into chaos. The roads (which have a few pot-holes!) filled with water and the traffic ground to a practical halt. I was blissfully aware of this because I was collected by car (which parked under the hotel entrance canopy) and taken to the office and dropped off in the underground carpark. I had 'just' missed the traffic jams on the roads.

So, there I was at work, with just one other person in the training room, waiting for people to arrive. They arrived in dribs and drabs and were soaked to the skin. Everyone turned up but the training room was draped with clothing that was drying out. I've never trained bare-footed people before!

In England if we have several days of hot weather we can guarantee that we'll have a storm that will clear the air. End of summer? Here in India the rain did bring the temperature down. However, the day after it was back to being scorching hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment