Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Pani puri

Yesterday some of the group invited me to join them in the canteen for 'Pani puri'. Pani puri is like small round, hollow fried ball. It can be filled with an assortment of ingredients and has liquid poured inside on top of the mixture. The idea is that it all goes into the mouth at once. A small counter is set up in the canteen early evening each day and you can choose how hot you would like your filling. The man serving the pani puri makes each one up individually. I noticed that everyone was really interested to see how I went on! I did ok but I think they were kind to me by not making them too hot. I think they plan to gradually make them hotter each time I try it. I'll try to get a photograph of me eating one, in the meantime here's a photo from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment