I've spoken before about the streets of Mumbai and I've noticed that sometimes cows are left to wander. I asked my colleague why and was told that small dairies own a cow to milk. They are not tethered or placed in a secure place and they go where they please. Apparantly they know where home is and don't wander far and their owner can always track it down. To India's millions of Hindus, the cow is a holy animal that cannot be harmed so the cow is perfectly safe. No-one seems to bother much or attempt to stop the cow from eating food from stalls or even resting in the middle of the road.
Today is my final day of work here and the atmosphere in my training room is one of excitement. Hopefully not because they won't see me anymore but their new roles will begin! I must say that I will miss them very much and have grown fond of them all.
Tomorrow I am going to catch up on some rest before my two flights and the long haul home.
SAFE JOURNEY JULIE - SPEAK TO YOU SOON. X X X
ReplyDelete